Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Willena's Dream

By Willena Brooks, as told to the Church of Glad Tidings 12/27/08

I want to tell you about this dream I had. Right after the dream I woke up, went back to sleep and dreamed the same dream all over again. In the dream I was with Jesus in what looked like a warehouse full of car parts. It was just Jesus and me in this warehouse. There were parts everywhere, and in looking at them, I realized they were to my car. I knew that much, but didn’t have a clue how to put them together again. “Jesus must know how to do this,” I thought, “after all, He is God.” But Jesus wasn’t doing anything about putting them together. In fact, He seemed OK with them strewn all over the floor. This began to bug me and I wondered, “Why doesn’t He do something?” The fact that I was upset with Jesus upset me more, because I knew it wasn’t right to be upset with Him. Still, as time went by, I found it harder and harder not to be upset with Him, as He seemed perfectly content to let my car languish in pieces on the warehouse floor.
Suddenly the Holy Spirit spoke to me, “Honey,” He said, “why are you upset with Jesus? If you have Jesus with you, do you really need anything else?”
Whoa, Jesus with me; the One who walks on water, rides on the wings of the wind, calms the storm with a word, provides manna in the wilderness and water from a rock…. What was I thinking? What in the world did I need the car for?

No comments: