Sunday, December 30, 2012

A Vision of Jesus



By an anonymous friend of David Hobbs

During October (2012) at the "Embassy of Heaven" campus in building #200 at the Church of Glad Tidings (Yuba City, Calif.), there were 10 days set aside for concentrated worship, fasting, and prayer led by the new AHOP (Ascending House of Prayer) group. On the last 3 days the worship went round-the-clock, using pre-recorded music from 10:00 p.m. until musicians came the next day. 

On Thursday morning October 25th around 1:00 a.m. I had a vision of the LORD dancing to the music of Kimberly and Alberto Rivera, from what I believe is their "Royalty" CD. There were others in the room but they had all fallen asleep. I was the only one who saw the vision. When He appeared I could no longer hear snoring in the room. The stage, light bars, instruments, and carpet were gone. The center of the round room ceiling has large wood support columns that join together at what looks like a tinted window, but these vanished also. A bright light was shining through the center of the ceiling upon the LORD as He danced to the Rivera's music. I had the sense that the Father was looking down on Him with delight.

He (the Lord Jesus) was dressed in unusual clothing. He was wearing what appeared to be a white gown similar to what men wore in the 1800s when they slept. Over the gown was a plain, white, four-cornered garment like a prayer shawl, but with a hole in the center which the LORD had placed His head through. It had strings hanging down from each corner. He danced in the bright spot light with His arms under the garment, using them to create a wing effect. He danced, spun completely around, danced some more, then spun back around the other way. He didn't seem to have sandals on. But the most unusual part of the whole vision was his height; He looked to be 11 or 12 feet tall! 

While watching I was overwhelmed at how beautiful the Lord is! But the "beauty" I experienced was not, "Wow! Look how pretty He and this whole scene is." This "beauty" involved a preciousness, a purity, a simplicity, a level of my senses being awakened to what I didn't even know existed. The Lord, the clothing, the colors, the light, the music were all peacefully singing "life..." "life..." "life..." "life...." During this early morning vision I saw "eternal life" from a new perspective. I was thinking, "Wow, what we have here [on earth] is so lifeless compared to what He has waiting for us!"

I started crying, and after blowing my nose and wiping my eyes it was over. Later that morning I left resolute to set my heart and mind on the living "things above" rather than so much on lifeless "earthly things." It's been a few months since this occurred, and I thank the Lord for giving more time and practice to cultivate this attitude.           

No comments: